I clean for my own pleasure
I have learned about organisation and productivity are both connected to their ends. I have been into this productivity hacks since I have become a Mom and a home-maker. I have things in the kitchen I want always to be arranged. Most people don’t get it or think it is too much of being a cleaning maniac, but for me, I clean for myself. For my own pleasure. Some clean when there are visitors. I clean my house, I arranged and organised even if I don’t have anyone coming home to visit us. Because I find as a way of mind cleaning as well and having a piece of mind. It gives me the zen feeling that my house is clean, I can find things easily when I need them. I can cocoon and stay home during the winter with an organised ambience, clean, habitable and nice to my two pieces of eyes.
I would be rounding up my favourite part of the house aside from the bedroom where I sleep, rest. I love my desk office. I am sharing with daughter a room to an office, but it doesn’t hindrance me to have a very cosy, clean place to stay with her. While she plays, like now she is sleeping and I am writing. And it takes a lot of ideas and participation of my husband to help me out what to do and where to put things up. With the help of Ikea, we are on the right track of building my home office.
As a Mom blogger, writer and a creative mind. I want to stay at a desk that will show the direction of being creative is. What to do with my books, where to put things I don’t need and how to work in a very small space that I have with my babies room. Not only that, I have to maintain my focus which is led by being organised and clean. I like white and I will not say a lot of the table because we all know they are from Ikea, and the organizer too! I just love discovering usage of different office supplies in Ikea. With decor, I play it on and I love chasing new things in Action.
The framed quote, I have printed it out and simply slide it in an Ikea picture frame. The flower vase again from Action and the vase from my kitchen, a recycled jam jar emptied by our family. No need to spend too much to be creative. My tabletop calendar is also 1 euro from Action. My own agenda, I made it and print it out for my weekly and daily schedule which I made as a freebie from last months website opening I had.
What do really need?
The important thing that I want to be on my desk is the following:
- A desk light, to make sure that I can see things clearly because here in Belgium light is always missing! I have to double it up with my glasses to see properly with no daylight.
- A small clock needed to cover my timing as a Mom and professional
- A pen holder and pens got tons of pens and my daughter likes what I am using all the time. To keep them from rolling away and I think it is general that everyone needs a penholder that I also the same for my makeup brushes.
- A corkboard where I put all my visuals, my dream board is currently on dream-book which will I share soon. Mainly now, it is for putting/hanging my agenda up.
- A flower vase I just find it nice, therapeutic to see flowers all the time.
- My favourite quote that I can change and reprint whatever quotes I like, for the meantime it is Hello, Gorgeous that I am so in to. This adds a lot of good moods, happy vibes at home and working to see things that are beautiful are wow to me.
- Our family photo that I can also change, print whatever photos of us I like. It gives the reason why I write my inspirations, my husband, my daughter. They all think this whole blogging thing is easy. Oh, tell me what! It can get very overwhelming when you are not organized, so just be.
- My desk blogging planner I do have a goal, topics of what I am writing and busy with. I am happy and glad to see progress, like writing, scheduling posts,
- My Weekly agenda part of my being so-called Mom is prioritizing what needs to be done when and how. Be so into it and be excited to fulfil your goals not only for the big ones but that includes the baby steps.
- My daily agenda this is my everyday task to do and progress. My short-term goals, they will determine my long-term ones!
- The book that I am reading now. Oh, I don’t want to put them all together or the table will be a mini library and no more way to work and write. I pick one, put it on with my notebooks, and read it when time permits me. Right now, I am stucked with this one Girl Boss.
- My Canon Selphy printer, which I use for printing directly taken photos from my Canon camera. It is a gift from my Tatay Geoff and I want to keep it close to me since he died last year and I recovered it from the Philippines, and I thought buying one would not be practical since I already have one.
- My Bible, I am keeping a devotion, that I would like to grow in, my heart and my soul connecting with our creator, reading the word and studying the Bible is also my thing. Growing my faith in Love, Life and believing to the highest!
I also like being in HEMA, for I can find office supplies like planners that ready-made, pens, post-it’s and more. The weekly booklet agenda that I bring always with me is from them and it is very handy, small enough to fit in my handbag. I also have a three years diary which where I write one or two lines a day to stay mindful, my thoughts on paper to remember for the next years. I think it is important to do this, and I am curious to know, 5, 7, 10 years after what to I have in mind during 2017, 2018 and on.
As you can see the table is clear without the laptop. We have a tower and we intended to put the laptop on a space there when we are not using it. Also, I am using the table for photo styling and other photo taking tasks that I need for my blog. The white table beside the window attracts a lot of good lighting.
I still want to put a long wooded Ikea frame holder to put up the framed quote that I have to keep the tabletop clean and spacious to work with. I have also a covered with all my books, office supplies that are not on my table, the files that I need like, readings, studying purposes like now I am studying how can I work with Etsy. I have put it up the paper organizer along with the photo papers of my little Canon Selphy. It is not easy keeping track with all office works, for a beginner like me but I am keeping it basic and clean to be able to work smart. I have also committed myself to help my husband with our administration in French and I do help him with the ones in Dutch. My wish is to keep it organised until Laia grows with it and get used to it. She will see what I am doing and will get into it as well. Anyway, she keeps her toys in a box now, a simple way to begin with teaching kids with the organisation.
So there you go if you want to start being productive. Clean and organise your stuff. Start with a day with listings things you need to do and de-clutter once and a while. I do mine weekly, checking out papers to throw, things that have to be recycled or thrown away. Being clean is not being a maniac or being sick with obsessive-compulsive, but guarding your peace of mind and keeping it clean and nice. I have once read a quote “Een opgeruimde huis is in opgeruimde hoofd.” We don’t want things mixed up in our brain or we’ll go nuts! Haha.
That’s it, for now, folks, I am going to share with you a practical, Mama bag, the purse that I have in the next few days. What’s in my bag? We will explore it together! Stay lovely!
I’m a Mom, a wife, and a home-builder, key-note speaker. I write about personal development for women, motivational articles out from my daily experiences, from the past and today. I believe in life simplicity, friendship, and love. I have decided how to be happy every day through writing, there are so many values I have learned and still is learning. Sharing is caring, so if you would find my articles helpful-spread the love!